Summer ‘06. I’ve written plenty of words about it, but I’ll remind you. It was the summer I spent listening to Jack’s Mannequin nonstop. When I heard a single line during “Miss Delaney” I knew I had to have it permanently on my body. Now, in Andrew McMahon’s handwriting, on my arm is “One less sad robot looking for a chance to be something more than just metal.” Is it my favorite song? Not at all, but that lyric hit me like a truck and was stuck inside my heart from that point on. Now if only I had the money and space for these other lyrics I’d love on me forever. More the money thing though. Some actually from my favorite songs and some just because.
10. “Same trailer, different park.” – Kacey Musgraves, “Merry Go Round”
I grew up in a double wide and my mom still calls it home, and if possible – I’d love to at least get a travel trailer tattoo one day.
9. “…it’s not sane…” – Blind Melon, “No Rain”
It’s my favorite ❤
8. “So don’t put the bones in your back. They are in your back. And they are back there to hold you up…” The Tower and The Fool “Scoliosis”
7. “Let’s show this small town just what we’re worth, bound for city lights, like satellites we’ll outshine the stars.” – We Are The In Crowd, “Carry Me Home”
Growing up I was supposed to be this huge success. Fast forward to today and I’m pretty much nothing like anyone expected, but I hope I still have time to do something with this life of mine.
6. “You don’t need a destination just to go somewhere in life…” The Ataris, “Life Makes No Sense”
This is actually on my desk in Kris’ handwriting, so it’s just a matter of monies separating me from this one. But where to get it, ugh! Location is possibly the hardest part of this. Maybe my other arm to it’s twins with my Jack’s one?
5. “At last it’s finally over, couldn’t take this town much longer. Being half dead wasn’t what I planned to be, now I’m ready to be free.” – The Used. “Taste of Ink”
The line that played on repeat during high school.
4. “It’s not a dream anymore. It’s worth fighting for.” Paramore, “Looking Up”
Save the dreams for when you’re sleeping and make everything you want a reality. Unless what you want can get you arrested, then think twice.
3. “Live right now. Just be yourself. It doesn’t matter if that’s good enough for someone else.” Jimmy Eat World, “The Middle”
Middle child syndrome is real ya’ll.
2. “You’re a loser, but a dreamer.” – Garfunkel and Oates, “Such a Loser”
This episode summed up my current state.
1. “These are my thoughts written down on paper. It’s my only savior…” – “Truth of My Youth” New Found Glory
Speaking is hard for me, but the written word – I’ll talk your ear off.